torsdag 6 mars 2008

the hilarity continues: today my already shred up ear got itself another mauling. How? I was hugging my girlfriend one last time seeing as we broke up and the bastard of a piercing got stuck in her hair.

I guess I'll just have to kick it Beethoven-style for a bit longer then.

There is also another not so favourable effect coming from this last hug of good bye; I reckon that I'll just have to bin the track I was working on.

You see that workplace I mentioned turned out to be run by a twat and I didn't come back for a second day so I am what they call unemployed these days. Yesterday I channeled all my time and boredom into a track that is incredibly stripped down and quite repetitive but cool as fuck still, and my aim was to finish it off in the coming days as it is more one of those spur-of-the-moment novelty tracks than that technical masterpiece.

Well, how can I continue working on a track that silently screams unemployed now that I am more heartbroken than actually unemployed? I mean I want it to sound cool and personal, not like some other electro emo stuff from Stephan Bodzin - mind you that I still think that his Daytona Beach EP is awesome.

I have heaps of theories about alcohol and creativity, other substances and creativity, anguish and creativity and just plain creativity in general, I should really write a disseration about it, but the basic principle is that creativity itself is a sort of energy and that you physically need energy to channel it out into something. What charges creativity is emotions, but also it is flavoured by them. Not necessarily in a corresponding A leads to B way but you get the point: the more things you have inside you the easier it gets to create something, be it a musical piece, a text or a drawing.

But now that my main source of energy has changed, do I dare continue with what I was doing as the risk of not being able to maintain style is quite big?

Maybe that's what skill is, to be able to form any sort of energy into exactly what you want to be.

Inga kommentarer: