torsdag 28 februari 2008

3.3 (I can see the head!)

hmm it's late and I am done for tonight, ears slightly ringing but that's a price I am willing to pay.


But somehow I can also invision this grumpy gray haired old man complaining about his stupidity in his youth to his grandchildren and then not hear when they call him a weird old fart and run off...

Ah well, so what did I do to the track? I added some percussion and swooshy noice to the introductionary part to make a little bit more sazzy as well as work on the post-climactic stuff and then the outro. Did I tell you that I love working on the last half of the song? Because I do.


It's just such a joy to work on the latter part because pretty much all the synths are already tweaked and so are the percussion, and the automation lines are just there for you to play around with freely, so you can just go nuts for a minute or two enjoying and making the most of what you've laboured forth earlier before it's time to come back to reality and end the track.


So that I did, and duly enjoyed, and now I think only some minor tweaks and some panning of the elements remain before I can wrap the track up with its name and proudly show it to the world.

The name? I'm thinking of something like 'Polar Bear Tango', and it's actually not so random as it first might seem, because the track sounds very cold and blue to me (arctic) but there is a lot of energy and momentum in it still, hence the tango. The polar bears are just there because they are cool.

Inga kommentarer: