torsdag 28 februari 2008

3.1

allright, it feels like I have to finish my current project this afternoon if I'm supposed to ever get it done, because I am flying back to Australia the day after tomorrow and I doubt that I will have time and concentration enough to put into it over there.

I just finished a post for my other Swedish blog and I can't say that my fingers ran totally freely over the keyboard as they sometimes do. Writing can sort of be used as a measurement of how creative I am for the day I've found out, and unfortunately I've seen better days so it's going to be a bit of an uphill struggle with the track today.

Why oh why did I take a look at some technical stuff with it the other night? Why didn't I leave it for now? There's no better way to get back into a track than to start sorting out mixing issues I've found, and I so wish I could sidechain the high's and the kick and bass all over again just for the sake of doing something with the track instead of just staring at it.

Ah well, I'll start out by trying to make a smooth transition from climax to break. Already I've got a vague structure in my head: about 1.30 minutes of building, then drop and new long build for ~2 minutes before there is some 30 seconds of everything going before stuff starts to fade out.

The last few songs I made before I left Sweden were these massive 9 minutes+ tracks so I'm kind of met my quota for that, right now I am perfectly happen to do ~5-minute tracks without any super extended builds or fades.

Time to get into it, wish me luck

Inga kommentarer: